Foundation Apprenticeship in Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Level 2). Find out more about this route here.
Automotive, Transport and Logistics
Full-time, 31 to 40 hours per week
Apprenticeship rate entitlement for first year of the apprenticeship, National Minimum Wage rate entitlement thereafter. Find out more about rates of pay here.
Duties will include learning how to perform maintenance and servicing on light vehicles, e.g. cars and bikes. You will have involvement with the maintenance and replacement of all manner of vehicle components including tyres, brakes, engine systems, clutches, ignition systems, lighting, and so on. Other duties will be undertaken as appropriate e.g. maintaining a clean and tidy work area in line with health & safety working practices, general housekeeping and dealing with customers as required. Whilst in full-time employment you will undertake the following qualifications:
- VCQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Competence
- VRQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles (Motor Vehicle 4270/4290 Series)
- Essential Skills in Application of Number, Communication and Digital Literacy
- Must be willing to learn.
- Must be punctual.
- Have a real passion for the industry.
- Must be able to motivate oneself and show initiative during downtimes.
- Must be reliable and eager to qualify.
- Must be able to work with others as a part of a team or alone when required.
- Must be able to follow instructions and ask for help when needed.
- Must be prepared to travel back and forth to the XR Training Centre in Pyle and the place of employment.
XR Training recruits apprentices on behalf of employers. We aim to make our recruitment process as smooth as possible for both potential apprentices and employers, acting as the facilitator for both parties.
Our Business Development team reviews applications received every day, and checks them against employer’s needs. Suitable applications are forwarded to employers for their review, at which point they are under consideration for interview. All interviews will occur at the employer’s premises, however you may be invited to an informal interview at the training centre. This would be to ensure suitability for the apprenticeship programme. If you are selected for interview, a member of our Business Development team will contact you by telephone with details.
To apply for this job please visit www.xrwales.co.uk.