Foundation Apprenticeship in Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Level 2). Find out more about this route here.
Automotive, Transport and Logistics
Full-time, 31 to 40 hours per week
Apprenticeship rate entitlement for first year of the apprenticeship, National Minimum Wage rate entitlement thereafter. Find out more about rates of pay here.
Duties will include learning how to safely perform maintenance and servicing on light vehicles, working with replacement components such as tyres, brakes, clutches, gearboxes, etc. Duties will expand as experience develops. Other duties will be allocated as appropriate, candidate must ensure they meet health and safety responsibilities at all times when working in a functioning garage environment. Whilst in full-time employment you will undertake the following qualifications:
- VCQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Competence
- VRQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles (Motor Vehicle 4270/4290 Series)
- Essential Skills in Application of Number, Communication and Digital Literacy
- Must have a real desire to pursue a career in the industry.
- Prior experience either as a hobby or formal training desirable.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Able to work flexibly and well with others.
- Must be prepared to travel once a week to Pyle for off-the-job training, mandatory requirement of the apprenticeship.
- Ability to drive desirable but not essential.
- Must be able to use initiative during downtimes, be prepared to undertake any other tasks as required.
- Must be able to remain proactive.
- Must have a mature attitude to the job and training.
- Be able to work well with others and follow instructions.
XR Training recruits apprentices on behalf of employers. We aim to make our recruitment process as smooth as possible for both potential apprentices and employers, acting as the facilitator for both parties.
Our Business Development team reviews applications received every day, and checks them against employer’s needs. Suitable applications are forwarded to employers for their review, at which point they are under consideration for interview. All interviews will occur at the employer’s premises, however you may be invited to an informal interview at the training centre. This would be to ensure suitability for the apprenticeship programme. If you are selected for interview, a member of our Business Development team will contact you by telephone with details.
To apply for this job please visit www.xrwales.co.uk.