Foundation Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering (Level 2). Find out more about this route here.
Full-time, 31 to 40 hours per week
Apprenticeship rate entitlement for first year of the apprenticeship, National Minimum Wage rate entitlement thereafter. Find out more about rates of pay here.
Duties will include learning the skills and methods needed to complete your apprenticeship, working for this company offering a range of electrical services from electric motor repairs to commercial and domestic installations. Whilst in full-time employment you will undertake the following qualifications:
- NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance and Installation
- VRQ Diploma in Electrical Installation
- Essential Skills in Application of Number, Communication and Digital Literacy
- Must be willing to learn.
- Driving licence preferable due to site work requirements.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be able to take on instruction.
- Have a real passion for the engineering industry and desire to qualify.
- Must be able to self-motivate and show initiative.
- Must be reliable and trustworthy.
- Must be able to work with others as a part of a communicative team.
- Must be prepared to travel back and forth to the XR Training Centre in Pyle and the place of employment.
XR Training recruits apprentices on behalf of employers. We aim to make our recruitment process as smooth as possible for both potential apprentices and employers, acting as the facilitator for both parties.
Our Business Development team reviews applications received every day, and checks them against employer’s needs. Suitable applications are forwarded to employers for their review, at which point they are under consideration for interview. All interviews will occur at the employer’s premises, however you may be invited to an informal interview at the training centre. This would be to ensure suitability for the apprenticeship programme. If you are selected for interview, a member of our Business Development team will contact you by telephone with details.
To apply for this job please visit www.xrwales.co.uk.