Vacancy ID: 9032
Foundation Apprenticeship in Performing Manufacturing Operations (Level 2). Find out more about this route here.
Full-time, 40 hours per week
Apprenticeship rate entitlement for first year of the apprenticeship, National Minimum Wage rate entitlement thereafter. Find out more about rates of pay here.
Denval Co Ltd, a leading specialist in window and aluminium fabrication, seeks apprentices to undertake a Performing Manufacturing Apprenticeship. During this apprenticeship, you will be learning to produce Architectural Aluminium Windows, Doors, Curtain Walling and other skills. Duties include:
- Beading. Installation of gasket to aid the production of windows, doors and curtain walling
- Operation of machinery and hand tools
- Cleaning of work area at end of day
- Assemble the product including opening frames, sashes or vents if applicable using fabrication methods such as crimping, sawing, welding, machining, bending and beading
- Check and inspect the product (such as windows, doors etc.) for any damage or imperfections in the frame or paintwork
- Rectifying any defects, passing it on to appropriate colleagues or reporting the issue
- Protect and/or tape finished product and store ready for transportation.
Whilst in full-time employment you will undertake the following qualifications:
- NVQ Diploma in Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Certificate in Engineering Technologies
- Essential Skills in Application of Number and Communication
- Keen to pursue a career in the industry
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work well with others
- Able to follow instructions
- A good grasp of basic maths and English
- No experience required but must show real enthusiasm
XR Training recruits apprentices on behalf of employers. We aim to make our recruitment process as smooth as possible for both potential apprentices and employers, acting as the facilitator for both parties.
Our Business Development team reviews applications received every day, and checks them against employer’s needs. Suitable applications are forwarded to employers for their review, at which point they are under consideration for interview. All interviews will occur at the employer’s premises, however you may be invited to an informal interview at the training centre. This would be to ensure suitability for the apprenticeship programme. If you are selected for interview, a member of our Business Development team will contact you by telephone with details.