Vacancy ID: 8972
Foundation Apprenticeship in Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Level 2). Find out more about this route here.
Automotive, Transport and Logistics
Full-time, 40 hours per week
Apprenticeship rate entitlement for first year of the apprenticeship, National Minimum Wage rate entitlement thereafter. Find out more about rates of pay here.
Duties will include learning how to safely perform maintenance, replacement and servicing on all manner of light vehicle components. Other duties will be allocated as appropriate including general housekeeping and adherence to health and safety. Whilst in full-time employment you will undertake the following qualifications:
- VCQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Competence (7270 series)
- VRQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles (7290 series)
- Essential Skills in Application of Number, Communication and Digital Literacy
- Keen to learn
- Must be prepared to travel once a month to Pyle for off-the-job training as a mandatory requirement of the apprenticeship
- Any prior experience as a hobby or prior study is an advantage
XR Training recruits apprentices on behalf of employers. We aim to make our recruitment process as smooth as possible for both potential apprentices and employers, acting as the facilitator for both parties.
Our Business Development team reviews applications received every day, and checks them against employer’s needs. Suitable applications are forwarded to employers for their review, at which point they are under consideration for interview. All interviews will occur at the employer’s premises, however you may be invited to an informal interview at the training centre. This would be to ensure suitability for the apprenticeship programme. If you are selected for interview, a member of our Business Development team will contact you by telephone with details.