Foundation Apprenticeship in Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Level 2). Find out more about this route here.
Automotive, Transport and Logistics
Full-time, 31 to 40 hours per week
Apprenticeship rate entitlement for first year of the apprenticeship, National Minimum Wage rate entitlement thereafter. Find out more about rates of pay here.
Duties will include learning how to perform maintenance and servicing on light vehicles within a range of components through shadowing a fully qualified member of the company. Main involvement will be with building coaches, heavy vehicles, etc. Heavily geared towards replacement and refurbishment of components ranging from seats and essential parts to engine parts, components required to help the vehicle run smoothly. Any other tasks as appropriate e.g. maintaining a clean and tidy work area in line with health & safety working practices, being mindful of potential visitors to the premises and customers. Whilst in full-time employment you will undertake the following qualifications:
- VCQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Competence
- VRQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles (Motor Vehicle 4270/4290 Series)
- Essential Skills in Application of Number, Communication and Digital Literacy
- Candidates must be punctual.
- Candidates must be reliable and trustworthy.
- Candidates must be flexible with hours worked.
- Must be able to work with others as a part of a team.
- Must be able to follow instructions and ask for guidance when necessary.
- Candidates should be enthusiastic and committed to both the job and the training.
- Prior experience (as a hobby or formal training) of working on cars desirable but not essential.
- Ability to drive is desirable but not essential, as long as candidate is prepared to travel back and forth to the XR Training Centre in Pyle and the place of employment.
- Must recognise the importance of attending XR Training once a week in order to achieve qualifications in a timely manner.
XR Training recruits apprentices on behalf of employers. We aim to make our recruitment process as smooth as possible for both potential apprentices and employers, acting as the facilitator for both parties.
Our Business Development team reviews applications received every day, and checks them against employer’s needs. Suitable applications are forwarded to employers for their review, at which point they are under consideration for interview. All interviews will occur at the employer’s premises, however you may be invited to an informal interview at the training centre. This would be to ensure suitability for the apprenticeship programme. If you are selected for interview, a member of our Business Development team will contact you by telephone with details.
To apply for this job please visit www.xrwales.co.uk.