Vacancy ID: 9031
Foundation Apprenticeship in Welding and Fabrication (Level 2). Find out more about this route here.
Full-time, 31 to 40 hours per week
Apprenticeship rate entitlement for first year of the apprenticeship, National Minimum Wage rate entitlement thereafter. Find out more about rates of pay here.
Duties will include learning the skills and methods needed to complete your welding and fabrication apprenticeship. You will have a responsibility to adhere to and uphold health & safety obligations at all times, being aware of potential risks and acting in a sensible manner. Whilst in full-time employment you will undertake the following qualifications:
- NVQ Diploma in Fabrication and Welding Engineering
- VRQ Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Essential Skills in Application of Number, Communication and Digital Literacy
- Be committed to the job and have a passion for fabrication and engineering
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Willing to ask for support as necessary
- Must hold a driving licence and have access to own transport due to site work require
- Must be prepared to travel once a fortnight to Pyle for off-the-job training as a mandatory requirement of the apprenticeship
XR Training recruits apprentices on behalf of employers. We aim to make our recruitment process as smooth as possible for both potential apprentices and employers, acting as the facilitator for both parties.
Our Business Development team reviews applications received every day, and checks them against employer’s needs. Suitable applications are forwarded to employers for their review, at which point they are under consideration for interview. All interviews will occur at the employer’s premises, however you may be invited to an informal interview at the training centre. This would be to ensure suitability for the apprenticeship programme. If you are selected for interview, a member of our Business Development team will contact you by telephone with details.
To apply for this job please visit www.xrwales.co.uk.