Foundation Apprenticeship in Fabrication & Welding Engineering (Level 2). Find out more about this route here.
Full-time, 31 to 40 hours per week
Apprenticeship rate entitlement for first year of the apprenticeship, National Minimum Wage rate entitlement thereafter. Find out more about rates of pay here.
Duties will include being involved in the fabrication and production of bespoke aluminium windows, doors, bifolding doors and sliding doors. Involvement with commercial customers to include curtain walling solutions and also the design and fabrication of bespoke shop fronts. You will be working with metals and tools, therefore a mature attitude and awareness of health and safety responsibilities is essential and will be taught. Other labouring and general duties also to be carried out as required, e.g. maintaining a clean and tidy work area in line with health & safety working practices. Whilst in full-time employment you will undertake the following qualifications:
- NVQ Diploma in Fabrication & Welding Engineering
- VRQ Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Essential Skills in Application of Number, Communication and Digital Literacy
- Must be able to read basic measurements
- Enthusiastic about the job and training with a real desire to qualify
- Must show intuition and be good working manually
- Experience with tools desirable but not essential
- Must be able to travel to Pyle at least once a week for mandatory off-the-job training
- Must be able to follow instructions and work with others
- Prior basic knowledge or experience of metal work preferable but not essential
XR Training recruits apprentices on behalf of employers. We aim to make our recruitment process as smooth as possible for both potential apprentices and employers, acting as the facilitator for both parties.
Our Business Development team reviews applications received every day, and checks them against employer’s needs. Suitable applications are forwarded to employers for their review, at which point they are under consideration for interview. All interviews will occur at the employer’s premises, however you may be invited to an informal interview at the training centre. This would be to ensure suitability for the apprenticeship programme. If you are selected for interview, a member of our Business Development team will contact you by telephone with details.
To apply for this job please visit www.xrwales.co.uk.