Vacancy ID: 9075
Foundation Apprenticeship in Welding and Fabrication (Level 2). Find out more about this route here.
Full-time, 31 to 40 hours per week
Apprenticeship rate entitlement for first year of the apprenticeship, National Minimum Wage rate entitlement thereafter. Find out more about rates of pay here.
Duties will include learning the welding and fabrication skills and methods needed to complete your apprenticeship. Utilising such techniques as TIG and MIG to achieve desired result when working on flange plates, cranked root, bespoke sign posts, offset shafts, column guards/protectors, solar street-light columns, anti-climb spikes, bespoke cabinets/columns, column racking and wire cages. Other duties will be allocated as appropriate including general housekeeping. Whilst in full-time employment you will undertake the following qualifications:
- NVQ Diploma in Fabrication and Welding Engineering
- VRQ Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Essential Skills in Application of Number, Communication and Digital Literacy
- Must be able to read/understand basic measurements.
- Must be keen to pursue a career in the industry.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Have a real passion for the trade and desire to qualify.
- Must be prepared to travel to Pyle once a fortnight/month for off-the-job training as a mandatory requirement of the apprenticeship.
XR Training recruits apprentices on behalf of employers. We aim to make our recruitment process as smooth as possible for both potential apprentices and employers, acting as the facilitator for both parties.
Our Business Development team reviews applications received every day, and checks them against employer’s needs. Suitable applications are forwarded to employers for their review, at which point they are under consideration for interview. All interviews will occur at the employer’s premises, however you may be invited to an informal interview at the training centre. This would be to ensure suitability for the apprenticeship programme. If you are selected for interview, a member of our Business Development team will contact you by telephone with details.
To apply for this job please visit www.xrwales.co.uk.