Vacancy ID: 9027
Foundation Apprenticeship in Welding and Fabrication (Level 2). Find out more about this route here.
Full-time, 31 to 40 hours per week
Apprenticeship rate entitlement for first year of the apprenticeship, National Minimum Wage rate entitlement thereafter. Find out more about rates of pay here.
- Observing, learning and understanding a range welding and fabrication skills and engineering processes; whilst under the instruction of a skilled technical staff.
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progressed.
- Work independently or with a team to undertake tasks, as instructed.
- Undertake and successfully complete suitable courses throughout the training period; achieving the academic grades and practical skills to enable yearly progression; leading to the completion of Level 3 Welding and Fabrication.
- Develop skills to construct or modify products from verbal instructions and engineering drawings.
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good working safe order.
Whilst in full-time employment you will undertake the following qualifications:
- NVQ Diploma in Fabrication and Welding Engineering
- VRQ Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Essential Skills in Application of Number, Communication and Digital Literacy
- Be committed to the job and have a passion for fabrication and engineering
- A Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Commitment to the apprenticeship with the willingness to learn
- Ability to follow instructions
- Use own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Willing to ask for support as necessary
- A positive outlook and can do approach to daily task
- Must be prepared to travel once a fortnight to Pyle for off-the-job training as a mandatory requirement of the apprenticeship
XR Training recruits apprentices on behalf of employers. We aim to make our recruitment process as smooth as possible for both potential apprentices and employers, acting as the facilitator for both parties.
Our Business Development team reviews applications received every day, and checks them against employer’s needs. Suitable applications are forwarded to employers for their review, at which point they are under consideration for interview. All interviews will occur at the employer’s premises, however you may be invited to an informal interview at the training centre. This would be to ensure suitability for the apprenticeship programme. If you are selected for interview, a member of our Business Development team will contact you by telephone with details.
To apply for this job please visit www.xrwales.co.uk.